Sewing For Beginners - Various Dates Available
This workshop is perfect for total beginners. You will be shown how to thread a machine, wind a bobbin and sew straight lines, turn corners and finish seams. You'll make your very own envelope cushion cover, from a choice of fabrics from the shop. You can then take your cushion home and show off your new skills!
The topics we aim to cover in this lesson:
- How to thread the machine
- How to wind on the bobbin and insert the bobbin into the machine
- Practise stitching straight and corners
- Understanding tension and problem solving tension issues
- Importance of completing the stitch cycle
- Importance of steering the fabric
- Machine feet and how to use them
- Refreshments provided
Only a few left!